[OM] Alaska salmon fishing

Subject: [OM] Alaska salmon fishing
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2021 19:09:09 -0800
One of the huge summer activities here in Alaska is salmon fishing.
EVERYBODY dipnets for them and makes a big deal over it. For just
myself I can't quite justify all the expense and all that, so I
usually do my "fishing" when there is a good deal at one of the
stores.

Well, one of the big grocers just happened to have a special on frozen
fish for $2.99 a pound for whole fish. (cleaned, no heads). OK, that's
worth it. Granted, it's last year's catch, but no problem. But by the
time they all got rung up, with the additional rewards card discount,
it came in at $1 a pound.

My freezer is full.

And I didn't even have to buy a fishing license or beer. And I didn't
have to clean and gut them either! Life is good.

I love Alaska. I can't imagine living anywhere else.

AK Schnozz