Re: [OM] Alaska salmon fishing

Subject: Re: [OM] Alaska salmon fishing
From: Mike Lazzari <watershed1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2021 19:13:01 -0700
Eat that old salmon right away. It was cheap for a reason.  Anything over a year in the freezer I figure is only good smoked. I f you buy fresh caught double wrap in aluminum foil and vacuum pack. Frozen in plastic just doesn't keep and goes downhill after about 6months. . Cleaned and head-on is a good economical way to buy off the boats. Some fishers are careful with their catch, others can't be bothered to take the extra time to handle gently and ice the bellies. It's worth it to find the good ones and pay them well.