Re: [OM] IMG: From the Distant Past

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: From the Distant Past
From: "Ian Manners" <void@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2021 11:38:30 +0800 (AWST)
Hi Jim,

snip

Here is the lens itself:
http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20101208-PC081708-Enhanced.JPG.html

Nice, especially the aperture ring.
I've got a small collection of lense I'm hoping to do something
similar with, to much of my old equipement has remained
unused for far too long.

Here is the assembly:
http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20101231-Final+Assembly.JPG.html

It always gives you a nice fuzzy feeling when you make
your own kit parts doesnt it :)

And, on a cold January morning, I returned home from an unsuccessful photo outing to find a Mocking Bird in a tree by my driveway. I rolled down the window and quietly shot a few frames at full extension, about 15 feet from my truck.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20110102-P1020695-Enhanced.JPG.html
Yes, I decided, those old lens makers knew what they were doing.

Excellent definition, real circular apertures give a nice glowing
out of focus I'm never been able to get with even regular leaf
apertures.

Are the artifacts from a little bit of sharpening or is it due to
the limits of the E1 and/or lens? Hard to tell but a very pleasing
picture. I think a modern lense would have taken some of the
magic away with extra lense correction elements and coatings.

Cheers
IanBM