Re: [OM] "4th of July" B'fly count at Appleton Farm

Subject: Re: [OM] "4th of July" B'fly count at Appleton Farm
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2021 09:58:08 -0800
Dizzy Dubs wrote:
> Wasn't meant to be followed.  Target shooting with a blindfold.

That's now my go-to excuse.

>  I have a DZ 50-200 + 1.4TC on my E-5 body within reach...

I've got Michael's old E-3, 12-60 SWD, and 50-200 SWD sitting here
next to me. While there are other cameras in the harem that are better
at may things, I do like this combination for the grab-n-shoot
responsiveness. It's just always ready to shoot. Flip the power switch
on and by the time you get the camera to your eye it's ready to shoot.

> I got to play a little bit with my son's A7iii when he was home in May.
> I'm a little more intrigued by the machinery than lens stuff at the
> moment.  He really knows how to make videos with that thing:

I like my A7ii some of the time. It's a fine camera and takes
excellent photographs. But it isn't like that small child that looks
up at you with those puppy dog eyes and says "pick me up?" Olympus has
somehow managed to capture that feeling with their cameras.

AG Schnozz