[OM] IMG: Recalling Life Fifteen Years Ago

Subject: [OM] IMG: Recalling Life Fifteen Years Ago
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2021 12:18:33 -0500
A local fly-in in 2006 attracted a lot of people to the airport, including a number of retirees who enjoyed an excuse to get outside.  Four AEDC retirees were greeting each other when a younger acquaintance asked to take our picture. He sent me an 8x10 which has been on a shelf in my office for the past fifteen years. Now 91 and limited in my activities, I find the photo sets me to thinking of the past.

Pictured are two Jims and two Cliffs.  I am easy to recognize by  the Leica IIIf and an SLR around my neck.  The Cliff next to me was a very young B-24 belly turret gunner in WWII, and later joined me to supervise operations of the world's largest supersonic wind tunnel. The next Jim was an instrumentation supervisor, and the next Cliff was a computer technician.  All of us worked long night shifts in the past, because that was when the electrical power was cheapest, and we used large quantities of it.

Sorry, the feet are cut off, but that is the way the photo was shot.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20210624-P6240092.JPG.html

I don't recall seeing any of these guys since that day in 2006, but the photo is a cross-section of the past, for me. And, in Tennessee, we do have some colorful chacters.

--
Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA