Re: [OM] IMG: Recalling Life Fifteen Years Ago

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Recalling Life Fifteen Years Ago
From: Wayne Shumaker <om3ti@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2021 14:32:43 -0700
At 6/24/2021 11:13 AM, Moose and Jim wrote:

>On 6/24/2021 10:18 AM, Jim Nichols wrote:
>>A local fly-in in 2006 attracted a lot of people to the airport, <>
>
>>http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20210624-P6240092.JPG.html
>
>Nice past blast.
>
>It prompted me to look back at 2006, photographically. That was the year I
>upgraded from a Canon Digital Rebel to a 5D and upgraded pocket/casual camera
>from Fuji F10 to F30.
>
>I was struck more by how software has improved since then than how much
>cameras have improved. Many photos that I processed then could be
>significantly improved by reprocessing today.

Agree, nice image from the past. My dad and granddad had bib overalls just like
that. I could easily see my dad standing there, with a pocket protector in the
shirt pocket. My dad's first job out of college was with Grumman in St Louis
around wwii.

I upgraded from E-1 to a 5D around 2005 and was quite active with it in 2006.
However, I have a hard time wanting to look back at the older photos. I just
took a peak at 2006. There is a lot of unprocessed creative stuff there, but I
don't have the desire in resurrecting them, or going through those memories
much these days.

The 5D was freeing at the time. I didn't like the struggle I had with the E-1.
Somewhere along the way my vision got stale. Perfectionism crept in. Two lenses
stand out from that time that I used a lot, a Canon 70-200/2.8 and a 180mm
macro. I have the 180 now, but it is overshadowed by CV 110 and other lenses.
Cameras and lenses have greatly improved, but this photog, perhaps not so much.

WayneS