[OM] To the Monolith

Subject: [OM] To the Monolith
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2021 08:51:12 -0800
http://zone-10.com/d1/node/398

To the Monolith. An Atlas Air Boing 747 (Orion III) freighter
departing from the Anchorage Ted Stevens International Airport. Photo
taken with the Panasonic DMC-GX85 and Lumix G 12-32 lens. (Obscure
movie reference warning).

I was still wound up from my date that ended much earlier than we
desired (early morning trip for her), so instead of going directly
home, I drove out to the airport to watch the "bird feeder" for a bit.
It's rare that the wind forced departures in this direction, but it
was pretty neet with the moon. Unfortunately, I didn't have my
telephoto with me, just the pocketable GX85 with 12-32, so I didn't
get the shots where the planes were flying in front of the moon. I had
to locate down quite a bit so the airplane wasn't just a dot.

Yes, the date went VERY well.

AK Schnozz