Re: [OM] Everything OK on the list?

Subject: Re: [OM] Everything OK on the list?
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2021 14:54:40 -0800
JDubs wrote:
> I've bought DeNoise, Sharpen AI, and Gigapixel AI.  This all started as an
> experiment to see if my 5 MP E-1 images retain any value, which mostly put
> the emphasis on Gigapixel AI...

I've been doing portraiture lately and ended up reverting to the E-1
with 14-54. I used to really like how that camera/lens did portraits
and hadn't ever found anything  that could give me an automatic "win"
as much as that combo. It's really neat how the camera produces images
that require almost zero adjustment of any kind. Even among the "Kodak
Kids", the E-1 is the ONLY one that nails the white-balance with
strobes. EVERY other camera requires some odd adjustment. Some cameras
(I'm looking at you, Sony) can't properly white-balance on strobe
lighting at all.

Oh, why the 14-54 instead of the 12-60 SWD or other lenses? Because
the 14-54 is well corrected and doesn't have pronounced barrel
distortion that needs adjusting. It's just a perfectly comfortable
lens for portraits under studio lighting conditions with seamless
paper backdrop.

> The shutters are a bit quiet as I'm waiting for the spring to rev up a bit
> more and the wind to die down.

I've taken several thousand photos (many of them portraits) in the past month.

AG Schnozz