Re: [OM] Everything OK on the list?

Subject: Re: [OM] Everything OK on the list?
From: DZDub <jdubikins@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2021 17:29:52 -0500
On Thu, Apr 8, 2021 at 4:52 PM Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Meanwhile...

I'm working through the oeuvre c.2002, which was my last year shooting film
exclusively, primarily with OM-2S and OM-4Ti.  I'm not redoing scans, but
I'm working them over with DeNoise and Sharpen AI.  I don't know if this is
orthodox, but it's doing some interesting things, mostly all good.  Since
I'm a late bloomer on Topaz, I did not feel that anyone would be interested
(i.e., nothing to contribute to the advancement of the common good).
Anyone else tried these on film scans?

I'm mostly reworking images and printing 5x7s for my own reference, with
the occasional letter size and 13x19.  I haven't reworked any of this
particular group of images to web size.

I've bought DeNoise, Sharpen AI, and Gigapixel AI.  This all started as an
experiment to see if my 5 MP E-1 images retain any value, which mostly put
the emphasis on Gigapixel AI.  But the other programs are where I am
spending the bulk of my time right now.  DeNoise in particular is a
revelation.

The shutters are a bit quiet as I'm waiting for the spring to rev up a bit
more and the wind to die down.

Joel W.