Re: [OM] Adobe bringing Gigapixel type function to ACR and then LR

Subject: Re: [OM] Adobe bringing Gigapixel type function to ACR and then LR
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2021 02:19:04 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
<<<<Good summary of the changes from II to III here.
     <https://www.dpreview.com/reviews/olympus-om-d-e-m1-mark-iii-review/2>
<<<I certainly would be more than happy with the Mk2. But if one is going
<<<to cause grief with the credit-card balance, go all the way. (just
<<<kidding).

It missed a couple things.  The ISO button on the mk 3 works well for Marnie
and me.  If I had a do-over would likely assign the fn2  button on the MkII to
ISO as I strongly disliked futzing with the scp for ISO.   The sensors are not
quite identical either, but close.  The Mk111 appears to be the same as the Mx.
 If the shadows are pushed to eleven,  the Mk111 is a wee tad better.

Starry sky AF was the killer feature as Marnie had trouble at night on the
Mk11.  I had a few astro outings sketched out in some detail on La Palma but
COVID nixed that among other things.
I haven't taken an astro shot since it seems.  Had it become apparent sooner
about Wuhan, would likely have kept the powder dry and saved some dosh.

Stars will be there next year too, Mike