Re: [OM] Olympus Flash Adaptor

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus Flash Adaptor
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2021 06:29:34 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     Sadly, that is the conclusion that I have come to.  Reason for asking is
that I just received a Power Bounce 2 and wanted to make the best use of it by
using the TTL.  But I can at least use the legacy centre pin and simply use a
flash that has its own sensor.

     It's rather sad to look at the catalogue of flash accessories that Olympus
produced for the film cameras, where you had access to just about everything
that a studio photographer would use.

     After hours of evilBay searching I did manage to find that there are hot
shoe extension cables available, so perhaps I will get one of those and then
look around for an affordable FL-50.  Still, sad to see how much was lost when
Olympus went over to digital.

>There are adapters to solve the trigger voltage problem, but it would
>be an old flashgun with a problematic voltage. But I think Chris is
>asking about camera-controlled flash duration of OM T32 (for example)
>by E-system cameras. Sadly I believe that is a no-no. You can certainly
>trigger T32 from such a camera, but you would have to rely on the
>flashgun's own sensor to quench the flash. Or do it all manually.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson