Re: [OM] Fiber Outage - books

Subject: Re: [OM] Fiber Outage - books
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2021 01:37:45 -0900
> What you have on your iPad, Nathan, is no more than the text of the related
> books, a mere facsimile without the physical attributes (look, feel, sound
> and even aroma) which make up a "real" book! But I can sympathise with *all*
> your other points

My dyslexia is rather variable, depending on sleep, nutrition,
exercise, weather, etc., etc., but one thing I've noticed is a very
distinct difficulty in reading comprehension with non-paper text. I
struggle with PDF manuals and text books. I appreciate being able to
drag around literally tens of thousands of pages of manuals in my
android devices or computer, but when I really need to buckle down and
study something, I have to print it out.

One nuance is that I read books at an angle. When straight and level,
my dyslexia kicks in and things get rather entertaining. Not an issue
for standard writing that permits speed reading, but for technical
writing, I can type faster than I can read.

AG Schnozz