Re: [OM] IMG: Polish-Puerto Rican covid food

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Polish-Puerto Rican covid food
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2020 23:45:08 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
<<<Interestingly, we called stuffed cabbage rolls "stuffed cabbage rolls".
Whatever
<<<the original name was, it had already faded away.

Not faded away, just temporarily forgotten.   My maternal GM was from near
Vilna and they are called Prakas.  The dumpling like things I liked as a kid
are potato veranekis--we called them veranakas.

Good thing my GM left and escaped the pogroms ---which was followed by German
Einsatzgruppen (mobile killing squads) aided by Lithuanian auxiliaries in Vilna.
Her daughter is a Ph.D. virologist.  We could use a few more of those today.

Pleasant gustatory memories, Mike