Re: [OM] OT, strategy to protect phone cam

Subject: Re: [OM] OT, strategy to protect phone cam
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2020 13:44:18 -0700
On 10/29/2020 9:08 AM, Jez Cunningham wrote:
Are there any magnetic filter rings that could be adhesively mounted to
the camera back around the lens cluster, and then have a protective filter
(or lens cap) attached to it?
(was that clear?)

Yes.

How large is the lens 'pod' that sticks out? LensMate makes adapters to add filter threads to compact camera zoom lenses. The receiver attaches with adhesive and the filter holder bayonets onto the receiver. <https://lensmateonline.com/collections/panasonic-dmc-zs200-tz200-tx2-accessories/products/panasonic-dmc-zs200-tz200-tx2-quick-change-filter-adapter-kit-52mm-by-lensmate?variant=13573984616491>

I have this one for my ZS200. Works well and holds even an achromatic C-U lens securely. Clear internal opening just over 40 mm. They have other, similar models for other cameras.

Might be adaptable.

Info Moose