Re: [OM] DxO PhotoLab 4 DeepPrime Noise Reduction vs Topaz DeNoise AI

Subject: Re: [OM] DxO PhotoLab 4 DeepPrime Noise Reduction vs Topaz DeNoise AI
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2020 13:27:06 -0700
On 10/27/2020 6:54 AM, Wayne Shumaker wrote:
At 10/26/2020 09:33 PM, Moose wrote:
<. . .>
So, the most I can say from this simple example review is that DxO PhotoLab 4
DeepPrime Noise Reduction may merit a tie for NR alone, but is very unlikely to
be a full replacement for Topaz Denoise AI.

N. R. Moose
Your example is way more informative than almost any blogger online.

I suppose I must agree, while blushing, as I did it because I couldn't find
what I wanted.

Perhaps you should publish this in a wider forum?

It looked recently as though I would be getting a regular column on TOP, but Mike J seems to have become scattered and unreliable. Months ago, he proposed publishing my comment on a post as a post on its own. I made minor changes and sent it to him. After a couple of follow-up emails, and no response, I tried another email address. Got a response promising a further one - which never came.

More recently, a reply I made to a post prompted him to offer a regular gig writing on post processing, such as the above. After again receiving no replies to my "Yes" and follow-ups, I posted a query as a reply to a blog post of his. That got his attention, and a promise of a further reply when some rush was over. Never happened.

I checked with Ctein, a long time contributor to TOP on tech stuff, before a falling out. I knew the spat was past, but had seen nothing from Ctein on TOP. He said he had had an agreed piece ready for weeks, but got no reply to his emails, either.

Yes, I could make further efforts, but do I want to get into work with a guy who seems to have become unreliable? And his old fashioned blog format is terrible for photo examples.

I'm sure Fstoppers, DPreview, Petapixel, ThePhobloggrapher, ... would eat it up.

DPReview has columnists? All I see is the forums. I'm not very familiar with the others. I was under the impression that their content was produced by the individual or team that post them.

Ah, just perused the other three. All organized on rapid fire posts/articles. Not much of interest to me as reader, which is, I suppose, why I've not been following them. Does look as though at least a couple could use post processing content.

I don't know if you were following the list in 2008, when I did a weekly column
called 'Moose Mondays' for Zone10.

Or your own Youtube channel. MooseInformative, MooseEmpiricist, PhoMoosesopher,
MoosePix, TheDiscerningMoose, ...

I am a competent, or better, public speaker, so likely capable of doing video. But I hate video reviews and video tutorials look like a lot of work. :-)

Blushing Moose