Re: [OM] OT, strategy to protect phone cam

Subject: Re: [OM] OT, strategy to protect phone cam
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2020 14:58:59 -0700
Marnie to upgrade to iPhone12 promax.  She uses her phone cam more than I do
but does prefer the E-m1MkIII.  Her current Sena case protects the cam lens in
her purse.
Very few of the new cases protect the cam lenses which seems batty.  The case
she likes protects the front screen but just a raised edge for the
cam---dramatically insufficient, IMO.
There are 3rd party solutions, all of which look mediocre.  A quick look showed
the below ones weren't as dirt cheap which may or may not reflect any quality.
They should be thin and multicoated to prevent flare
but that may be a pipe dream.  Any suggestions?   The phone should have a
protective shutter thingie like many digicams.  Problem solved.

How? The lens 'pod' already sticks out from the camera body. The mechanism you suggest would make the protrusion deeper and much larger.

Also, poke at one of those "shutters"; cheap, flimsy plastic. Mine still go in
a case/pouch for carrying in a bag.

https://www.olixar.com/iphone-12-pro-camera-protectors-twin-pack

Why  on earth would you stick a lens with no cap  in a bag with keys

I wouldn't. I don't put mine in a pocket with keys, either.

Behavior modification? I had to give up on my old way of keeping my phone in a belt pouch, with the larger Xs. Now, I've virtually obsoleted all my old pants in favor of pants with a cell phone pocket.

Does someone make an open ended wallet, pouch to slip over the phone?

Simple Simon Moose