Re: [OM] New additions to the Living History Farm

Subject: Re: [OM] New additions to the Living History Farm
From: Wayne Shumaker <om3ti@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 Sep 2020 20:07:13 -0700
At 9/9/2020 04:38 PM, Mike wrote:

>> Obviously you have not yet read the latest in science:
>> https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/08/quantum-paradox-points-shaky-foundations-reality
>> https://www.sciencealert.com/a-new-quantum-paradox-throws-the-foundations-of-observed-reality-into-question
>
>AG says:
>
><<I'll stick with Einstein on this one.
>

>Interesting articles but overinterpreted by the press as usual.  Quantum
>mechanics is weird enough w/o overinterpretation.  The "measurement problem"
>in QM really hasn't been resolved.     Wave fxn's collapse  when measured  and
>wave/particle duality of particles do as well--see the recent incarnation of
>that effect from the Weitzman Institute:
>
>https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/1998/02/980227055013.htm
>
>So the more efficient the detector of electrons the less interference pattern
>there is and the more the electrons behave as particles.  Don't watch--wave;
>watch particle.
>
>This new  experiment interpreted as no objective reality exists is like a
>fancy Wigner's friend paradox.  It really just confirms Bell's inequality and
>c/w known QM.  The "measurers" are really photons assessing polarization and
>not a macroscopic device controlled by consciousness.  To call them Bob and
>Alice is misleading.  What I really  want to know is why such experiments are
>always run by Bob and Alice and not Poindexter and Cassandra?

Posted in jest.

Bob and Alice is used in Cryptography as well. Probably originated with the
film "Bob & Carol & Ted & Alice." - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alice_and_Bob

I think the E-1 in Ken's hands, when he pushes the button, gives different
colors than if I pushed the same button. His eyes and mind pull in all those
color photons into the camera. We are drawn to the camera that best fits our
minds eye.

Sunyata - WayneS

You know the nearer your destination
The more you're slip slidin' away