Re: [OM] New additions to the Living History Farm

Subject: Re: [OM] New additions to the Living History Farm
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2020 12:37:21 -0700
> From: Wayne Shumaker <om3ti@xxxxxxxx>
>
> I assume that is the Oly 12-60 kit lens

The E-System 12-60/2.8-3.5 was indeed sold with certain single-digit E-System
bodies, but it's hardly a "kit lens," in terms of either image or build quality!

I got mine with the E-3, which at the time, was offered as the "fastest
auto-focus in the world."

If it were even 20% smaller and lighter, it would live in my bag. Is it is,
though, I'm more likely to take the M.Zuiko 14-150 II, which is slower, but
much smaller and lighter.

:::: To become completely free from dependence on prehistoric energy... modern
man would require an increase in contemporary carrying capacity equivalnt to
ten earths. -- William Catton <http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=William+Catton> ::::