Re: [OM] Stuck at home in Pennsylvania

Subject: Re: [OM] Stuck at home in Pennsylvania
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2020 12:52:50 -0700
> From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> I'm pretty
> impressed with the E-300 and find it to be the design equivalence of a
> "Stance Car". But it is a very good picture-taking machine

It's one of the few that I bought new, sold when I upgraded, but then
re-acquired. (I actually traded an OM 28/2.8 for it!)

It does have a "look" about it. I went out in the woods with some friends; I
loaned it and my E-3 to my friends, and I used my OM-D E-M1.2. I'm not sure I'd
call it "better" or "worse," but decidedly different, and easy to pick out when
all the photos are showing at random on my digital picture frame.

It loves greens. Reminds me a bit of Velvia.

:::: To force a government to do your bidding by means of violence, you have to
be more competent at violence than the government is, and the notion that the
middle-class intellectuals who do most of the talking in the peak oil scene can
outdo the US government in the use of violence would be hilarious if the likely
consequences of that delusion weren’t so ghastly. -- John Michael Greer
<http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=John+Michael+Greer> ::::