Re: [OM] Stuck at home in Pennsylvania

Subject: Re: [OM] Stuck at home in Pennsylvania
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2020 12:42:26 -0700
> From: DONALD HOLBROOK <donholbrook@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> I ran across a near-new E-300 recently so I'm using it with a 50-200,  Camera
> will not recognize the SWD version.

That is very odd. I'm sure my E-300 works fine with my 50-200 SWD.

Yup. Just tried it.

I didn't actually download the photos to make sure the EXIF info was right, but
by pressing the view button and then the info button, I can say that the camera
is setting and reading back the aperture from the lens, at least.

Do you know that both the camera and the lens have the latest firmware? Have
you used this lens successfully on a different body, and vice-versa?

Another possibility is dirty contacts. You can gently burnish them with a
pencil eraser, being careful not to get any eraser bits into the lens.

Yet another possibility is that there is some obstruction that keeps the
lens-locking pin from extending fully into the lens mount. That is a common
problem on micro 4/3rds; not sure it applies to the E-300.

I think something is wrong somewhere.

:::: The model American male devotes more than 1,600 hours a year to his car.
He sits in it while it goes and while it stands idling. He parks it and
searches for it. He earns the money to put down on it and to meet the monthly
instalments. He works to pay for gasoline, tolls, insurance, taxes, and
tickets. He spends four of his sixteen waking hours on the road or gathering
his resources for it. And this figure does not take into account the time
consumed by other activities dictated by transport: time spent in hospitals,
traffic courts, and garages; time spent watching automobile commercials or
attending consumer education meetings to improve the quality of the next buy.
The model American puts in 1,600 hours to get 7,500 miles: less than five miles
per hour. In countries deprived of a transportation industry, people manage to
do the same, walking wherever they want to go, and they allocate only 3 to 8
per cent of their society’s time budget to traffic instead of 28 per cent. What
distinguishes the traffic in rich countries from the traffic in poor countries
is not more mileage per hour of life-time for the majority, but more hours of
compulsory consumption of high doses of energy, packaged and unequally
distributed by the transportation industry. -- Ivan Illich
<http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=Ivan+Illich> ::::