Re: [OM] CCD image sensor cameras

Subject: Re: [OM] CCD image sensor cameras
From: Wayne Shumaker <om3ti@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 2020 06:34:19 -0700
Thanks all, this was informative.

Reading google searches, I also found out that earlier sensors had a separate
CFA, which allowed for more options in the colors. Later sensors required the
CFA added at wafer processing, so needs to work with photo resists to define
the CFA. A lot of resists are processed with UV light, so choice of dyes or
pigments may affect that.

So the answer to my original question is the CCD difference is the CFA, and
earlier sensors probably have a separate CFA, allowing for better color.

WayneS