Re: [OM] CCD image sensor cameras

Subject: Re: [OM] CCD image sensor cameras
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2020 13:35:04 -0700
On 4/6/2020 11:32 AM, Ken Norton wrote:
Philippe wrote:
No !
All colours in there are definitely skewed, but I like it (them) all the same
:-)
I'm surprised!

Really? You are speaking of the creator of Philichrome (sp?) and other semi
abstract assaults on staid photography. :-)

I turned the volume up so high that even the color
blind can see, the deaf hear, the lame walk, and Moose screams in
agony.

Not really. It is a rather good example of a style that I see a lot of in shops
and galleries.

The "serious" pedants of photography may be off arguing something or other. But the photographers and galleries actually selling prints to the general public are hanging, and presumably selling, an awful lot of wildly over the top processing.

My cognitive dissonance is between all your talk about the subtle color differences between various sensors, color sensel filters, hue gradients across skies, and so on and the image you present, where everything is amped up so much that there is no subtlety at all.

Not complaining, just observing. I tend to agree with Philippe:

It’s only rock and roll and I like it ;-)

Amities

Philippe

It Hurts So Good Moose