Re: [OM] Photo Scanner.

Subject: Re: [OM] Photo Scanner.
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2020 16:39:41 -0700
> From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> the ink costs which are now about 5x what they were before.

"Ink?" What's that?

I got a office-grade Ricoh tabloid laser multi-function for $300 from BC
Auctions. They're rated for one million prints, and mine has under 200,000 on
it.

It's been telling me to replace the toner for the past 20,000 copies. I've got
spares, but I keep waiting for print quality to suffer. It started complaining
about black soon after I got it, and slowly, it started complaining about the
other three colours, but it just keeps printing.

With a loupe, you can tell it's not the quality of the best ink jets, but at
arm's length, you can't really tell.

:::: The Thing Itself and the Way it is done... A bad manner spoils everything,
even reason and justice; a good one supplies everything, gilds a No, sweetens
truth, and adds a touch of beauty to old age itself. -- Baltasar Gracian
<http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=Baltasar+Gracian> ::::