Re: [OM] Photo Scanner.

Subject: Re: [OM] Photo Scanner.
From: Jan Steinman <jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2020 09:16:31 -0700
> From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>>
>
>> Scroll down the link  to the 5000f for some comments.
>
> Yup. Pretty much everything Canon older than yesterday's newspaper has
> lost support by Apple. It boat-anchored one of our all-in-ones.

That’s a bit odd. Apple printing is standard UNIX CUPS underneath. Drivers for
Linux should work, possibly (probably) with some tweaking. You can also install
Ghostscript and drive just about anything, since Apple turns everything into
Postscript.

Oops, just realized we’re talking about scanning, not printing. That’s what
digicams and copy stands are for. :-)

Jan