Re: [OM] OT: Dialup Intrnet

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Dialup Intrnet
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2020 11:12:55 -0900
> No so surprising. You have a climate that keeps normal people indoors for 9
> months of the year (I am not referring to mental people with cameras ;-)) so
> you need good connectivity to the outside world. I remember meeting a guy
> from the New Zealand phone company in a previous life about 20 years ago. He
> explained how essential internet was to them—they are so far away from
> everything.

LOL. Well, the "normal people" up here are outdoors almost year round.
You have to find some reason to venture out, otherwise, there is
nothing to do but consume mood altering chemicals, commit incest, and
kill yourself. (all are epidemic in the villages).

Fortunately, the bulk of the population lives in the metro areas.

AK Schnozz