Re: [OM] E-M5 mk III

Subject: Re: [OM] E-M5 mk III
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2019 16:20:19 -0600
I always have at least the basic grip on. To change the battery requires
removing the grip. That's a lot more than 10 seconds, especially when I'm
in the middle of an event. The bare body is too small for me to comfortably
hang on to. The extra battery grip on the bottom doubles the time between
changes, has a quick-change door handy, and provides a sweet vertical grip
with shutter and dials. I'll have to learn to live without it.

On Mon, Nov 18, 2019 at 12:59 PM Philippe <photo.philippe.amard@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> I do not comprehend what the issue about batteries is. Takes 5 to 10
> seconds (with gloves on) to swap and cost next to nothing these days. And a
> grip is so awkward and heavy, and bulky.
>
> Amities
>
> Philippe
>

> > Le 18 nov. 2019 à 19:27, Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit :
> >
> >> I have my E-M1.2 "tuned" for longest battery life, and find I rarely
> need to change batteries in the middle of something. I easily go 600 shots
> or more. I doubt I got that many shots off a set of batteries in my film
> cameras!
> >
> > I was curious what my shot limit is with the GX-85 on a single
> > battery. The answer is "it all depends". It depends on sleep time,
> > screen usage, lenses used, etc., etc.  On the low end, I've gotten
> > about 100 pictures. On the long end, about 600 pictures. And I've
> > gotten that spread without really any changes in settings.
> >
> > AG Schnozz
> > --

Paul Braun WD9GCO
Anchor, Amateur Radio Newsline
www.ARnewsline.org <http://www.arnewsline.org>
Certified Music Junkie

"The Fountain of Youth is a state of mind" -- The Ides of March, "Age
Before Beauty"