Re: [OM] E-M5 mk III

Subject: Re: [OM] E-M5 mk III
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2019 22:59:44 -0800
On 11/20/2019 10:51 PM, Ken Norton wrote:
Moose of the Batteries Wrote:
Again, why? Just carry another battery. They are tiny, and weigh nothing.
There is a point of diminishing returns. The big advantage to the
GX-85 is the compactness and weight. While batteries are tiny and
weigh very little, I really dislike going for a 15 mile hike in the
mountains and having to carry a bunch of batteries around for a
camera.

Sheesh. I just put 'em in a pocket.

<>
And every battery for this camera is $50, and that's JUST for one of my cameras.

The current battery, DMW-BLG10, is 1025 mAh. It's predecessor, DMW-BLE9 is 940 mAh. I bought them for $20 back in March. Looks like the supply chain is drying up, now $25. That's 8% less nominal capacity fore less than half price.

I use them interchangeably. The third party batteries are supposedly decoded,
but the real thing is better.

It's fine if I'm going to be 100% dedicated to just the Panasonic
G-whatever bodies, but I can't even settle in on one battery for the
other Panasonic G-whatever bodies.

Which other bodies? GX, and  GF all take the same battery.

All Charged Up Moose