Re: [OM] E-M5 mk III

Subject: Re: [OM] E-M5 mk III
From: Wayne Shumaker <om3ti@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2019 18:54:43 -0800
On more serious note - definitely best to not reveal the email address.

At 11/19/2019 03:54 PM, Ken wrote:
>> On B&H
>> GX85 + 12-32mm + 45-150mm  $448
>
>So, my being able to get this exact kit here in Alaska for $350 was
>something like a good deal?

>We're celebrating 25 years together on Friday. I think keeping her
>email address away from you is probably a good thing if I want to make
>it to 26.

That is great. I wish you two the best. I'm sure she is worth it.
No camera gear is even close in value. I know. Heart vs Head
the heart wins.

>> Do you have that 20/1.7 yet? ... That's what I thought...
>> This is food for one's artistic soul, lest is whither away.
>
>The Panasonic 15mm F1.7 (Leica DG Summilux 15mm f/1.7 ASPH) is on my
>very very short list of lenses to acquire. I really like that lens and
>think that it would be about a perfect match to the DMC-GX85 which
>gives it a fantastic Leica "M" handling characteristic.

Correction, yes, meant the 15mm, which is $548 at bh.
We all talk about cameras and features, but lenses make the
real choice sometimes.

>We ARE budgeting for a new camera in 2020. The jury is definitely out
>on whether it's a full-frame or a m43 camera. Meanwhile, a certain
>OM-3Ti and OM-4T are getting workouts.

I'm sure we will all be curious to  know.