Re: [OM] Micro four thirds lens contacts

Subject: Re: [OM] Micro four thirds lens contacts
From: Bill Pearce <billpearce@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2019 19:57:15 -0400 (EDT)
> I'm just interested in how the machine works. I'm certainly not trying to
> build any new hardware.

Mike,

I'm glad you are curious because we need more of that in society, but I'm even
more glad that you are not trying to build something new, cause we've got
enough already.

But I suggest you adopt in this case an approach that has served me well. Like
most of us, I started out using a typewriter. A manual typewriter. I later
moved to an electric typewriter, but what is the common thread? Simple.
Although innately curious, I never knew what made either the manual or electric
typewriter, and I didn't care. I could operate it, not fast but I could type a
letter,and that made me happy. I know what I needed to know to get the job
done. and that was that. A friend was one of the original designers of the
Heathkit computer, and he often said that personal computers would never be a
big success until they could be operated as easily as a typewriter.

Likewise, I suggest you accept the fact that the camera tells something to turn
the focus ring to get the photo sharp, and it does. It does it amazingly well
now that the systems are mature. So I'm happy. Try this you'll like it.

Bill