Re: [OM] OM-D E-M1X

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-D E-M1X
From: Jan Steinman <jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2019 07:48:49 -0700
> From: ChrisB <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
>
> I haven?t cancelled my account with Amazon

I have.

Yea, their return policy FOR THINGS *THEY* SELL, is great. But not for their
“associates.” The problem is, it is not readily apparent who you are buying
from, unless you read very carefully. They need to make it absolutely clear, on
the sales screen, in large type in a red box, that their liberal return policy
does not apply in such cases.

I bought a crappy focal reducer from “them,” but it turned out to actually be
from an associate. I did not understand the difference at the time. I returned
it, and even sent Shamazon the tracking information, showing their associate
had received it. Shamazon WOULD NOT give me a refund, because they were
“waiting for their associate to report the item had been returned.” We went
back and forth several time over a couple weeks.

Once bit, twice wary? No, I’m too stupid for that. So I bought some SD cards at
too-great a price through Shamazon from an “associate.” They turned out to be
counterfeit, and while they would format to their stated 64GB capacity, they
would not actually hold more than 1GB without errors. I returned them to the
stated address, but they came back to me as undeliverable, and again, Shamazon
WOULD NOT REFUND ME because their associate - who apparently was no longer an
associate and who apparently no longer even had an address for returns - had
not notified Shamazon that they had been returned. Again, I argued with
Shamazon a bit, but they were adamant.

So, I’m out the cost of the products, plus my cost of shipping it back - all
told, about $140.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. I WILL *NEVER* DO
BUSINESS WITH SHAMAZON AGAIN! Their prices are not so great that I can’t do as
good elsewhere.

I find evilBay’s policy to be much more protective of the purchaser, and at
least with evilBay, YOU ABSOLUTELY KNOW your are not buying from evilBay, but
from some third party. This is not at all clear with Shamazon, and even if you
figure that out, it is not at all clear that their “no questions” return policy
DOES NOT APPLY in such cases.

Jan