Re: [OM] Pretty tripod

Subject: Re: [OM] Pretty tripod
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2019 10:25:17 -0700
On 5/24/2019 7:50 AM, ChrisB wrote:
I’d be very tempted by the a Kickstarter price, Wayne, but other priorities
loom. My car's four tyres will need replacing in the next month or two (GBP600) etc .
. .

I’d not bother with the CF version: the aluminium is only slightly heavier.

For me, it's not about the weight. It's about the transmission of vibration, CF is seriously 'dead', compared to aluminum. It deadens vibrations, doesn't "sing" in wind, etc.

I've never had or used a Gitzo, of any material, so I can't speak to Jan's apparently anomalous Gitzo. My Hakuba, Manfrotto and Velbon CF tripods have been much quieter than my aluminum tripods (and an ancient steel one.) I really like them.

Manfrotto makes Gitzo now, no? Manufacturing in the same place, as I recall reading. So the leg materials should now be at least similar, likely the same.

Woven Strength Moose