Re: [OM] Pretty tripod

Subject: Re: [OM] Pretty tripod
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2019 00:26:39 -0700
On 5/23/2019 9:46 PM, Wayne Shumaker wrote:
The quick to deploy is great for a level surface, but most of the time I use
mine for macro, I'm close to the ground, on uneven ground, have to let one leg
stick way out with the other legs at odd heights, avoiding weeds, not
disturbing the subject, .... Often the subject is in a bush, other things
around, you can't just pop the legs out and set it down. With the Gitzo I can
loosen one section with just enough friction to adjust and stay there before I
tighten it all down. Very rare do I just extend the legs all the way and take a
shot, unless it is a group portrait with me in it.

Hence most of my tripod work is macro, requiring focus stacking and odd
positions. For example, you cannot see what I had to do to get the tripod in
the correct position, but I doubt I could do with the PD.

https://tinyurl.com/y3gzbtj9

Nice!

For me, this would be a no tripod shot. Combined OIS and IBIS working together, the camera does the stacking very quickly and the PS or other stacking software aligns the slightly moved frames before blending.

I used to do a lot of tripod for macro work; now hardly any, well, basically
none. I do use the macro stand on my desk.

Two Leg Moose