Re: [OM] Pretty tripod

Subject: Re: [OM] Pretty tripod
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2019 08:12:29 -0800
> I still have my Gitzo tripod with Acratech head from the 1990s. I would be
> hard pressed to justify a new tripod.

I bought a couple of "lifetime" Bogen/Manfrotto tripods.
Unfortunately, they literally are lasting a freeking lifetime. I
really want a new hyper-light carbon-fiber jobby, but not until the
Toyota of tripods give up the ghost. DIE, Tripod, DIE!

> This looks cool...

Oh, I love the colors. I definitely would opt for the hot pink.

> After my ankle heals, I hope to get back to mtn biking with gear and if I
> ever do Bikepacking, it might be justifiable. But then, I never justify my
> GAS (gear acquisition syndrome) that I developed with my Zuikoholism.

I still have my Cannondale bags. These are the ultimate ones that are
the lift-off, spring-loaded quick-release system. Perfect shape.

> I would be curious how well the ballhead works when at 90 degrees. Not sure
> the one dial will be desired, as with my acratech I can level it and used the
> rotation for panos. This one does not appear to be amenable to doing panos.

Why bother? You already have the best one made. :)

AK Schnozz