Re: [OM] Pretty tripod

Subject: Re: [OM] Pretty tripod
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 May 2019 21:27:31 -0700
From: Wayne Shumaker <om3ti@xxxxxxxx>

Again, bringing the tripod to the camera means the legs are in all sorts of
orientations that my Gitzo accommodates.
YES! I've been doing macro that way for decades.

And what really enables that is... (drum roll) the Benbo.

While at times it feels like "wrestling with an octopus," I compose with the camera
attached to a slack Benbo, then tighten everything down  when I have the "spot" I want to
shoot from.

Yup. Mine is a Uni-Lock; same guy, same design, later business incarnation.

I imagine you can do this of sorts with other tripods, however, with a
four-section Gitzo with twist-lock legs and three fixed leg angles, it takes A
LOT more work to do so.

For me, the Uni-Lock/Benbo excels at things conventional tripods do poorly, if at all, while regular tripods do things quickly and easily which the Uni-Lock does poorly and awkwardly.

Which one I grab depends on the situation.

Hold Steady Moose