Re: [OM] UV and Skylight Filters

Subject: Re: [OM] UV and Skylight Filters
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 May 2019 20:04:43 -0700
> From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> So, I'm going to go back to the Wratten filter experiment, this time using
> RAW to shut off the camera's processing.

I'm not sure that will do what you want it to do.

In fact, if setting it to RAW disables the fixed colour temperature you
selected, I'd call it a bug!

If it does (for example), that means your dynamic range could get stretched or
compressed in post-processing the RAW image. I would expect (nay, DEMAND) that
the camera apply a fixed colour temperature BEFORE generating the RAW image.

Jan