Re: [OM] Pen and pad

Subject: Re: [OM] Pen and pad
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2019 15:45:45 -0700
On 5/17/2019 3:22 PM, Wayne Shumaker wrote:
Just an update. I looked at the Bamboo Tip Pen on Amazon and saw a lot of negative
reviews about the pen not working on battery. I purchased one on B&H and tried
charging it from two different sources and two different USB cables. It would not
work on battery. I would work while plugged in to USB.

Given the high number of bad reviews with the same issue, I would suggest NOT
getting the Bamboo Tip Pen. I am often skeptical when people write negative
reviews as often it is pilot error. But I think Wacom has a quality issue and
charges double for their products because of their name.

Another caveat; not all displays and pens are created equal. My current portable is an HP Spectre, one that can fold over to use as touch screen tablet, although I seldom do so. I also bought a pen, which the web led me to believe would work with it.

After I couldn't get it to work, further research, through a bewildering set of sometimes contradictory web pages, proved that there were two different pens, neither of which would work with my computer, although it appeared that one would work with some similar models.

I returned the pen. Other than that, the computer has served me well.

No Sty Moose