Re: [OM] Image Processing - AAARGH!!

Subject: Re: [OM] Image Processing - AAARGH!!
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2019 21:15:58 -0700
> Ken, I'm curious about your statement that PS is nearing end-of-development?
> Would you mind elaborating a bit using your new keyboard?

Unfortunately, I'm 1500 miles away from my new keyboard. I'd like to
get a minimalist keyboard to be able to pack in my go bag. I might go
visit Best Buy tomorrow night.

As to PS nearing end-of-development, I think the signs are pretty
clear. While there have been several very distinct feature additions,
such as content-aware-fill and some other things like that, the rest
of the interface is stuck in the early 2000s. Once Lightroom came out,
Photoshop (the image editor, not the rest of the suite) got stuck. I
think the last major improvement was when they finally upgraded the
last of the 8-bit processes.

Meanwhile Lightroom (both classic and the new dumpster fire) are
getting very advanced and new features hung on them all the time. I
think the underlying framework allows for the feature additions that
are nearly impossible to do in PS as the developers are running into
code issues dating back to when Al Gore invented the Internet.

AG Schnozz