Re: [OM] IMG: Airport Experiment

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Airport Experiment
From: Jan Steinman <jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2019 12:39:47 -0700
> From: Bill Pearce <billpearce@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:billpearce@xxxxxxxxxx>>
>
> But what you have failed to state is what is the benefit to the USA
> population of converting?

I seem to recall the US being interested in exporting and world trade. Do you
think using a system the entire rest of the world uses might just be good for
exports and trade?

Or you can just blame the decline of US exports on those silly other people,
insisting on measuring things *their* way. Or even sillier, on tariffs. By
manufacturing goods in dimensions no one in the rest of the world wants, you
impose your own tariff on your exports.

> The benefits are solely to appease those who want us to be more like them.

Wow. The irony of someone from the US, accusing the rest of the world of this,
is rich indeed.

It’s long been the US, insisting that the rest of the world do things *their*
way, rather than the other way ‘round.

But this won’t continue. The US is continuing its slide into irrelevance. I’d
start learning Chinese.

Mandatory on-topic content: think I’ll break out the old 1.3779-inch film
camera and try out my new 19.685-inch lens.

Jan