Re: [OM] Pretty Pictures

Subject: Re: [OM] Pretty Pictures
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2019 00:52:19 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
"At 300mm and 400mm we begin to see results which are slightly less sharp: it's
still very good, just not as tack sharp as you'll see at 100mm. Diffraction
limiting begins to set in at ƒ/11, but you won't notice any impact on sharpness
until ƒ/16."

Un (probably more like minor) diffracted Moose writes:

I'm not sure I agree, but in any case, f9 isn't in a danger zone. I could claim
I set that for DoF, as it was at a distance and on a tilted rock face. But
prior and later shots were also at f9, so either I unintentionally bumped it or
I set it for DoF on something else, and forgot to change it.

Yeh, F16 seems off the wall for noticing.  Dr. Diffraction,  if he were able
to, would point out that for a 20 megpickel MFT sensor the "diffraction limits
extinction resolution" would calculated to f6.5 with usual range of being
visible to soften details at f5.2-7.9.  Yes, it is not a cliff and responds to
deconvolution better than one might anticipate.

Mike