Re: [OM] PANO : Three cardinal points and as many photographers - WAYNE

Subject: Re: [OM] PANO : Three cardinal points and as many photographers - WAYNE
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2019 07:03:23 -0800
> From: Philippe <photo.philippe.amard@xxxxxxxxx>
>
> No tripod was injured during that trip ;-)
>
> I always shoot on the fly.

Yea, I was going to ask about that.

I've been using Kaidan Kiwi pan heads for years. They can be had for under $10
on evilBay, up to perhaps $60 for a "must have it NOW" purchase. Some of them
have click-stops, which is incredibly useful for getting nice 360 pans and
spheres.

But I have also been known to put the camera in "motor drive" mode, and simply
swing it in an arc as it fires away. The pan head shots ALWAYS make better
pans, although sometimes not readily discernible without pixel-peeping.

Maintaining a proper nodal alignment is really important if you have foreground
and background to capture, less important for landscapes where everything is
pretty much the same distance away.

Jan