Re: [OM] Shakes Rattles Rolls

Subject: Re: [OM] Shakes Rattles Rolls
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2018 16:05:33 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     Good reason for staying away from neighbourhoods that are "ruled" by HOAs,
etc.  We have "neighbourhood associations" that are essentially social in
nature, but they do offer the benefit of a combined voice when approaching city
government over issues involving streets, crime, etc.

>There’s a “strata” across the street (that’s Canadian for a land-sharing
>situation similar to a “condominium” in the US) that has a private power
>distribution system to some dozen houses spread across some 70 acres.
>They’re on a forested slope, and there are trees down everywhere. BC
>Hydro came to their “demarcation” near the road, and said, “Works fine
>here! Good luck!” They’re looking at perhaps $100,000 to get their power
>back, not covered by insurance!

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson