Re: [OM] Boring mirror lens test shots

Subject: Re: [OM] Boring mirror lens test shots
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2018 15:30:25 -0700
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>

On 7/30/2018 4:08 PM, Ken Norton wrote:
Is the test chart set at an angle? There is a lot of variation between
sides or center-to-edge.

The OMZ 500/8 is certainly a charmer, though.
… A bit unfair, really, to compare a
lens designed to cover FF with lenses that had 4/3 as their design goal.
True.

And yet, with a Metabones Speedbooster Ultra on it (making it 350/5.6) I think
(without formal testing) that it rivals my E-System 50-200 SWD.

I'm not interested in paying for an adapter to make my teles shorter. :-)

Also, I had a Tamron 350/5.6 mirror. Cute, tiny little thing, but I disliked the bokeh and DoF. MikeL may still have it, and could sent it to you to try via dolphin mail. :-)

The Metabones has made me fall in love with OM Zuikos again.

As with AG, although for different reasons, I don't do FF MF lenses on the small sensor. For me, it's about AF, IBIS, etc. in the field. My crowd of OM lenses and motley crew of other old MF lenses go on the FF A7. Quite different sorts of photography.

Apples and Oranges Moose