Re: [OM] Boring mirror lens test shots

Subject: Re: [OM] Boring mirror lens test shots
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2018 15:15:21 -0700
On 7/31/2018 2:22 PM, Ken Norton wrote:
The Metabones has made me fall in love with OM Zuikos again.
. . . The Canon 6D is married to OM
Zuikos--. . . I am mindful of the fact that
it's extreme high-mileage and could croak at any time. What replaces
it would be a matter of immediate budget availability instead of
idealism.

It's a good thing, too, because I'm at a loss as to which direction to
go. My heart will always be with Olympus. But the SONY FF is what
makes sense. Or the Fuji.

One thing to consider, esp. for an Oly heart, is that APS-C isn't all that much bigger than µ4/3. The big difference is in format, 4:3 vs 3:2.

Sensor height is 13 vs. 15.7 mm, 21% taller, while it's 35% wider. The 20 MP µ4/3 sensor is 3888 pixels high, insignificantly shorter than the 4000 pixels of the 24 MP Fuji sensors. To me, the real choice is between HxW ratios. When I switched from 3:2 to 4:3 I found I liked the squarer format, although I can go either way.

You use both, do you have a preference? If it's 4:3 or you have no preference, Metabones and Oly is equal to it with Fuji so you could go with your heart. I admit to being happy I'm using Oly bodies.

Without Metabones, it would always mean Sony FF. But with Metabones, it gives
me options.