Re: [OM] Damn, I'm excited!

Subject: Re: [OM] Damn, I'm excited!
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2018 17:47:15 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
     My first film camera, a Kodak Retina IIIA, had no manual.  You put the
film in, armed the Compu-Rapide shutter, focused, then pressed the shutter
release.  The OM-1 and OM-2 cameras I got many years later were a little less
complicated as advancing the film armed the shutter.

     Just how impossibly complicated can a camera be to warrant a 650-page
manual?  The flight manual for the C-130E/EII/H is less than 200 pages.

>The manual is about 100 pages and not very helpful--the  "real manual" is the
>"Help Guide" is 650 pages and not offered in print form, AFAIK.  It is a
>complex bugger to configure just right.
>
>https://briansmith.com/sony-releases-650-page-a7r-iii-help-guide/
>
>Cheap tricks or dastardly deed?  Mike

Chris