Re: [OM] Bagpipes [was A tale of too many tripods]

Subject: Re: [OM] Bagpipes [was A tale of too many tripods]
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2018 20:36:59 -0700
> From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
>
> Addendum: It's the upper tubes that are 25 mm, lower ones are 30 MM.

Interesting... My Benbo Trekker measures (with a dial-gauge caliper) 23.5mm
(0.95") upper, 28.9mm ()1.15") lower.

The Benbo #1 measures 28.6mm (1.15") upper and 35.4mm (1.5") lower.

Considering measuring/manufacturing tolerances and that there are only so many
sizes of aluminum tubing made, I'm guessing the Trekker is the same as yours,
and the #1 is one size up.

If you come across a nice used #1 for a reasonable price, I can say that mine
is much more stable and "whippy" than the Trekker — for studio use; I wouldn't
want to carry it very far. I keep a Bogen/Manfrotto 310 mini-gear head on it,
which is fantastic for small precise movements needed for macro or long
telephoto. But I found the 310 to be too heavy for the Trekker, and keep a
Chinese grip-ball head on it.

Jan