Re: [OM] Zuikofest Alaska

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuikofest Alaska
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2018 19:03:05 -0800
> One the plus side, for me, I see there are direct flights to Anchorage from
> Phoenix.

Usually direct or one-stop if you take Alaska Airlines. Seattle or
Portland is the common connection point. Alaska Airlines is actually a
very good carrier with a new fleet of aircraft and decent
legroom--even in cattle class. When flying south out of Anchorage,
plan on a midnight, give or take two hours, departure. You'll get a
full extra day and can rest on the red-eye. Anchorage is busier in the
middle of the night than most airports are in the middle of the day.

> I have no idea on those photo options, but the Cessna sounds particularly
> interesting.

Definitely does. I almost got a ride down to Kenai yesterday. I've got
other friends with airplanes, but not everybody has 20 kajillion hours
and has been a 747 captain. (He's got around 40 years of experience
flying all around the state, including flying Lockheed L-100 (Civilian
C-130) aircraft into places where Super Cubs fear to land.

> What time frame are you looking for commitments? I'm interested, just need to
> figure out the pet situation here.

I'm good with one-off visitors too. Accumulating vacation time is not
a problem with this job. I can take days off pretty much anytime I
want to now. (especially now that I've completed a nine month project
that has consumed my work schedule). I'm thinking of available windows
of opportunity. End of July, beginning of August there is a window.
And last third of August on is wide open. Winter starts to show its
face in October. Personally, I think September is the prettiest month
here.

AG Schnozz