Re: [OM] Been a while

Subject: Re: [OM] Been a while
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2018 22:23:15 -0400
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
Terrible news--wish we had  met when you were closer in MA.

<<As for macro, I am really looking at decent close focus. A good telephoto
with
<<close range will probably be a better route for me than dedicated macro lens.
<<always struggled in the past with working distance.

I recall you really liked your 180 macro.  Some lenses on Sonny function well
on the fancy shamcy Metabones adapter.  Might try that or at least research
before dumping.

The sonny G master long tele is a heavy beastie..   I adore my CV  180mm/ F4
Apo Lanthar in OM mount.  It natively goes 1:4 and with the two longest OM ext
tubes you are close to 1:2 with great working distance. It fits in my pocket.
Perfect for EVF with mirrorless.
Trouble is ---hard to find.  I know of now equivalent to date.  Did I say how
small it is?

Mike