Re: [OM] Been a while

Subject: Re: [OM] Been a while
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 May 2018 19:55:23 -0800
Wayne,

I'm saddened to hear of your wife's passing. It's never easy and your
loss is especially hard as it was unexpected and you weren't there. If
you need to be distracted, come on up here to the other A_ state and
hang out for a while.

In regards to your camera question, the first thing to consider is
full-frame or crop-sensor. If you are OK with crop-sensor, I would
consider either a Fuji or the Olympus. As much as I like the Sony in
full-frame, it's enigmatic that it doesn't exude the same feeling in
the crop sensor bodies.

If you are considering one last hurrah with an optical viewfinder and
full-frame, I'd consider the Canon 6Dmk2. It's significantly lighter
and better balanced than the 5D series. It's a smartly appointed
camera, but thoroughly Canon. However, at this point, I'd go with an
EVF. They've "arrived". And in this regard, there is only one game in
town and that's Sony with the A7whatever series. Sony sensors are
producing about the most "bendable" images out there. You can get
significantly more pixel punishing with the Sony than the Canon.

AG Schnozz