Re: [OM] OT: Acronyms was Southwest Airlines Engine Explosion

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Acronyms was Southwest Airlines Engine Explosion
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2018 11:52:56 -0700
On 4/19/2018 11:17 AM, Mike Bloor wrote:
Back in the 70s I was a computer programmer writing a program to replace a system with
the awful acronym SLURP. I called my system SARA for Simply Another Ridiculous
Acronym. It went live, a great success, I was summoned to meet the IT director who
asked what does SARA stand for?  Simply Another Ridiculous Acronym I said. Yes, he
replied, but what does it stand for?  You can’t win.

LUV IT!!

I too invented an acronym for a program I created. Not as cool as yours, and slightly awkward wording, but OSCAR is still alive and well decades later. To my amazement, it even survived being on the wrong end of a corporate acquisition.

Since it displays highly proprietary operating information, no one outside the high echelons of a big company will ever see it. No fame. :-)

Proud Papa Moose