[OM] WAS Re: IMG: Chinese New Year celebrations in Chiang Mai - Now : MO

Subject: [OM] WAS Re: IMG: Chinese New Year celebrations in Chiang Mai - Now : MOOSE special ; -)
From: Philippe <photo.philippe.amard@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2018 11:21:21 +0200
Le 13 avr. 2018 à 10:33, Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

> My goodness! What a small space! I know nothing about the LUG, or this Brian
> fellow, but that kind of space is soooo last century. Can't he get more
> space?

Brian is a VERY generous person who started offering storage and display
Lonnnng ago FOR FREE.
With over 1,000 posters in the course of years, there must be tons of pixels on
his very own servers that do not belong to him ...

And I’m very very thankful to him for all he does for us and for photography.

I quote : "The last time we (read Brian as the saloon-keeper) looked -January
2018- there were 846,024 messages in the archives. Many of them are actually on
topic, which is to say, about photography by people who admire Leica cameras »

> I use ICDSoft, $72/yr and imagine that Ken's host, Rapidgator, is as good or
> better. I've just stuck with what has worked reliably for me for years.

My ISPs subscriptions also include that kind of service - but as I said before,
I’m too lazy :-)

>> Or, do you remember, those twin square photos to be cut out and shared when
>> you had those flashcubes film plastic boxes from Kodak ;-)
>
> Never did. Shot at first with dad's Topcon, then Nikon Ftn. Stretched to get
> my own Nikon, then went OM-1. Many years of little photography other than
> vacation and family events during the years of life business, but all with
> OM-2n and XA.

I started clicking with my own Brownie starlet at age 5 or so :-) Later worked
during the summer holidays to buy a (B&W) lab and a Foca (French Leica of times
past), I don’t think there’s a camera I’ve owned and used since, that I didn’t
love :-) Sold them nearly all though :-(

>  SmugMug looks good. I'm thinking of going there for a Bhutan gallery, to
> allow browsing by keyword, etc.

Yes. I will pass this though, until I’m sure they’re different from FB …

> Spacious Moose

And precious too :-)

Thanks again.
Amities